LWBJ—one of the Midwest’s leading CPA, consulting and M & A firms-–seeks an experienced tax professional looking for an opportunity to advance their career in our Ames or West Des Moines office.
The ideal candidates will have two to four years of tax experience including previous tax compliance experience and the desire to research complex issues and work on consulting engagements. The ability to acclimate quickly to our customer focused and value added environment is critical. While Tax Seniors have a discipline focus on tax, they are also encouraged to express interest in consulting and business advisory practices they want to learn more about. Tax positions report to a matrix-style tax partner group.
This position offers market-leading compensation and benefits. It also provides significant opportunities for growth within a highly respected, entrepreneurial firm that emphasizes work-life balance.
In this role you will:
• Prepare complex business and individual tax returns.
• Communicate with partners and clients relating to questions or information requests needed to complete assigned projects.
• Identify tax planning opportunities or current compliance issues, then research and propose resolution.
• Be a steward of knowledge to those at your level and with less experience.
• Have in-depth knowledge of current tax laws and regulations.
• Strong attention to detail.
You should possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• CPA license or in process of attaining CPA license.
• Minimum of two years of previous experience.
• Willingness to communicate and build relationships with clients.
• Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Leadership mentality (ability to drive a project to completion and to interact with all levels including clients and business owners).
• Initiative and confidence to understand complex issues and propose solutions.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong work ethic and respect for diversity, as well as a commitment to continuously acquire new personal and professional skills and knowledge.
• Ability to understand and apply new tools and a desire to identify innovative solutions to use technology to improve efficiency, effectiveness and collaboration.
The LWBJ Employee Experience
Our founders came from national firms but wanted to build more personal and collaborative relationships with clients and staff. While roles, responsibilities and expectations are similar to those in other sophisticated public accounting firms, we focus on helping our people advance and enjoy rewarding careers.
You’ll be able to engage with clients directly and work on the kinds of projects typically handled by national firms—but within a smaller firm setting focused on team-building, employee growth, client success and career advancement. We not only expect you to become more experienced and successful early in your career—we work to help you accomplish it.
Travel is minimized. Entrepreneurial spirit is nurtured and appreciated. Work-life balance is highly valued. We encourage everyone to work a schedule that fits their needs—with flexible scheduling options and a casual dress code. Mentorship and continuing education are provided, as well as market-leading compensation and benefits.
By size, LWBJ ranks in the top one percent of CPA firms nationwide, and our team brings a wealth of national-firm expertise to the table. Our entrepreneurial experience enables us to understand and appreciate the issues facing middle-market businesses and the individuals and families who own them. We deliver a broad range of tax, accounting, consulting and investment banking capabilities to serve them.
How to apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com. You may also mail it to LWBJ Financial, Attn: HR, 4200 University Ave., Suite 410, West Des Moines, IA 50266.