Director of Training and Culture
At Smash Park “FUN” is who we are. It is at our core. Our atmosphere is anything but “basic”. It’s a place for friends, family and coworkers to play, drink and eat- with an active experience. We are authentic in everything we do and strive to provide a community within a community. That’s our promise to you- when you think Smash Park, think fun.
The Director of Training and Culture will oversee the design, planning and implementation of corporate and store-level training programs that are aligned with Smash Park’s culture, brand strategy and business objectives. This person helps maintain a healthy and consistent culture where team members feel valued and empowered to deliver exceptional guest service in creative ways.
The Director of Training and Culture will play a critical role in the day-to-day learning and development activities and programs across the company. This person will work to bolster employee learning capabilities and create and monitor sustainable learning methodologies. The role encompasses design, delivery, consultation, and coaching.
Develop, drive, track and evaluate training programs to support the various departmental needs which includes:
• Implement and execute team member and leadership training programs for all roles at our venue locations and corporate home office.
• Be a brand ambassador by setting the example and constantly communicate the bigger vision and purpose of Smash Park. Make sure everyone from hourlies to general managers feel part of the bigger picture. Keep employees inspired, motivated and engaged.
• Constantly get feedback from store employees about culture, training, challenges, areas for improvement. Document and follow up.
• Help maintain a healthy and consistent culture where team members feel valued and empowered to deliver exceptional guest service in creative ways.
• Ensure our training provides a consistent guest experience by all employees, from all locations.
• Seek out top performers and talent for career pathing and development.
• Conduct follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
• Conduct annual needs assessments for updated/new training opportunities as well as provide training and development to managers on a regular basis.
• Work on improving communication skills with management so that it is consistent with brand and culture.
• Develop and maintain employee playbooks and documents to stay current with new employment laws and address any new company policies.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Five plus years’ experience L&D Professional.
• 4-year degree in instructional design, business, human resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions.
• Strong research, communication and project management skills to track, measure, and report on successes of the training program across multiple locations.
• Must excel at both group and personal communication, possess empathetic listening and adaptability skills. You must genuinely enjoy people and the satisfaction that comes with developing people into top performers and brand ambassadors.
• Must possess superior organization and follow up skills. A key part of this job is inspecting store-level training practices, supporting store level management and holding them accountable for daily implementation of training and coaching standards.
• Proficiency of learning management systems (LMSes), mobile learning apps, video editing tools.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• This position will require 25% travel.