The West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce typically holds WDM Eat Week this time of year, but we are waiting to hold Eat Week in its original form until a later date. In the meantime, we will be holding a virtual Eat Week from May 22 – 31. Dining at our local restaurants may look a little different right now, but we can still enjoy and support them. In addition to WDM Eat Week being held virtually, we also wanted to add a fun twist.
Is your favorite appetizer from one restaurant but favorite main course from another? Craving a local bottle of wine or craft beer from one establishment but want your meal from someplace different? Now is the time to indulge in MULTIPLE local eateries to create your “ideal meal.”
How does virtual Eat Week work? Here are the rules to the #IdealMealChallenge.
- Decide which combination of restaurants serve your ideal meal.
- Order via take-out, curbside, or delivery. Check out our listing below.
- Post a photo to social media to show how you’re supporting West Des Moines’ restaurant community.
- Tag the restaurants, use the hashtags #IdealMealChallenge and #WDMEatWeek, and tag three others to do the same.
- Cut and paste these instructions within your post.
We support social distancing even as the community begins to open. If you’re comfortable dining in and prefer to get your ideal meal all from one restaurant, we encourage you to still participate in this challenge! The restaurant community needs our support now more than ever, and one post of yours on social media can have a big impact. Now, let’s eat!